Friday, October 1, 2010

Birthday

I know I am a day after posting on what would have been Brian's 44th birthday. I thought about Bri all day. I knew I wanted to write. I knew I needed to write.

Brian's birthday is overshadowed by another important birthday - our grandson Tom's birthday on the 29th. We had a birthday party here at the house and of course, the celebration couldn't have gone by without talking about Brian. Bri did have the opportunity to meet Thomas on Bri's last visit home in 1988. Tom was only one year old. Unfortunately, the only thing Tom remembers about Brian was his condition after his accident.

It's been 10 years now since Brian passed and so many things have happened in our family since then. I often wonder how the presence of Brian in our family would have changed so many things had he not had the accident. Brian was a strong person, he had values and he didn't mind voicing his beliefs. I know he would have had a positive effect. I know it would be different with him around.

When we pray at the cemetery at his special place, we ask him to watch over us and to intercede to God for our family. Some days are really difficult to get through and those days we need all the extra assistance from Heavenly bodies that we can get.

We can only imagine what might have been had the accident been erased. He was with a wonderful girl who really loved him. It was a great consolations that he had that love. She would have made a wonderful wife for him. She was very creative and cared deeply for him. It was the kind of love you want for your children. We kept in touch for a few years during the time I cared for Brian, but eventually we lost touch. I've tried to google her, but to no avail. She was from my home state and even lived in the same part of the state. I thought that was so amazing. She was a very nice person. I do hope she is having a good life. She made Brian happy during the short time they had together.

Brian was a good son. I miss him.

No comments: