Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

It's the end of the day, time for relaxing. The day was filled with good food and laughter with two of my children and granddaughter, and of course, husband Bob. Missing were grandson Tom who is in the Army but will be coming home soon, and missing also is our #1 Son, Don. He is a truck driver and is on the road somewhere in California with a broken down truck - he's stuck in one place until the truck is fixed. That's tough on him because he isn't paid when his truck is down.

I did not make it to the cemetery today to honor my Mother or to visit my son Brian. I will go this week to visit both. There are some days when I like quiet private time with my loved ones. It can be party time at the cemetery for some families. I can understand maybe they have completed their grieving process and are ready to move on to celebrating the wild times of their departed loved one's life. But, you know, Bob and I are quiet and private people, we do respect everyone their thing, but, I choose to go when I know there won't be children running all over the cemetery or people with their lawn chairs parked rows and rows around their area. I think it's wonderful their departed had so many loving admirers but its just not the way we pay our respect.

It is difficult enough to go to visit the cemetery to see our son or my mother. I would much rather they both be here at my home celebrating this beautiful Mother's Day enjoying the delicious food cooked by son Kevin. But, it is what it is.

I miss Brian every day I open my eyes and start a new day. I can hear his contagious laugh and enjoy his sense of humor and treasure his loving nature. There is a spot in my life that is empty, it is the spot he lived in, he was a wonderful son.

My Mother was the bestest, she was trusting, faithful, loving. She certainly didn't spoil me, back in the day, I got my share of spankings. She led me in the right direction. For a person who didn't have a lot of education she was very wise.

I was very fortunate to have these two phenomenal people in my life.

No comments: