Saturday, August 15, 2009

18 years ago

As I was sitting at the kitchen table this morning, I realized it was a Catholic Holiday of Our Lady's Annunciation, and it was the day we brought Brian home 18 years ago from the Veteran's Hospital in Santa Monica, California. Boy what a ride that was!!! They flew Brian and I from LA to Nellis Air Force Base where an ambulance met us and brought him to our other home in Las Vegas. The house we are in now, we purchased and remodeled for his care. The other house was a tri-level and very difficult for me to get him around without having to use ramps and move them around myself.

It was a wonderful occasion bringing him home since we would have Brian home to celebrate my birthday a couple days later.

This was the beginning of a lifestyle I would have never dreamed of accomplishing. My whole life changed the day we brought Brian home. Our whole family's lives changed that day too. We were touched in a way that could never have happened as a result of caring for Brian. Amazing!

No comments: