Friday, May 1, 2009

Nine years

I am doing a lot of room changing recently which meant going through lots of files and packing up photos and stuff. I came across an envelope which was stored between some photo albums. On the front of the envelope the return address was from The White House, Washington, DC. I opened up the envelope and inside was a document stating "The United States of America honors the memory of Brian P. Sullivan. This certificate is awarded by a grateful nation in recognition of devoted and selfless consecration to the service of our country in the Armed Forces of the United States. It was signed by William J. Clinton, President of the United States.

And, with the document was a photo of Brian when he was serving in the U. S. Army.

I had forgotten we received this and it brought back so many memories of Brian. We took flowers to his gravesite on the ninth anniversary of his passing. It is difficult to adjust to how the time has passed since the night he left us. He was so sick. I know he is in a better place now, but I really do miss him and his laugh.

I have recently joined Facebook and many of the friends he went to school with are on the same Facebook that I am, including many of Brian's close friends. It is wonderful to read about their lives and their children. I know each of us has a part of a plan that God has in motion for us. I have to realize that Brian fulfilled his part and God needed him in Heaven. I believe also that Brian's life touched many especially when he was sick.

Please take care and God bless.

No comments: